TRUMAN E. (Roy) GAILEY, JR. PRESIDENT/OWNER
In 1963 Roy Gailey had just joined Carter Electric as an apprentice, but Bill Carter immediately recognized his potential and took special interest in his education. With encouragement from Mr. Carter, Roy graduated from the apprenticeship program in 1966 and received his Journeyman License. This was the first step in what has become a lifelong devotion to the building trades in Central Florida.
In the years that followed, Roy’s promotion to Field Superintendent exposed him to a wide variety of commercial, industrial, healthcare and design/build projects, which have become an integral aspect of our business. Developing relationships and acquiring a reputation for being Carter Electric’s most valuable asset, his abilities and ambitions were rewarded, with advancement through the ranks of the organization.
Obtaining his Master Electrician License and State Contractor License in 1975, being named Vice President in 1979 and President in 1981 were all steps on the path to becoming owner of Carter Electric in 1985.
Working his way up from the bottom, as well as his involvement with numerous professional organizations, has given Roy unique insights into not only all aspects of the electrical trade, but to the welfare of all the parties involved in a project. From the helpers in the field to the developer. The long years of continuous service of all of our employees and the professional relationships that have been established with entrepreneurs, architects, contractors and other trades are testimony to Roy’s appreciation of the interests of all participants.
Shown below are some of the professional organizations, to which Roy has recently brought his expertise.
- Managing Committee Member of the Mid Florida Electrical GNJ Apprenticeship & Training Committee.
- Member of the Code Committee – Electrical Contractor of Florida, Volusia Chapter since 1994.
- Member of the Volusia County Building and Trades Board since 1993.
- Member of the Legislative Committee – Electrical Contractor of Florida, Volusia Chapter since 1994.
- Past Director of Associated Builders & Contractors of Central Florida.
- Past Chairman of the Mid Florida Electrical Apprenticeship & Training Committee GNJ.